- Loss of balance – A loss of balance occurs before a fall. If you are having a hard time balancing then you should start using a walking aide like a walker.
- Problems with discerning distance – Eye sight problems occur commonly in seniors. These may make it difficult to balance properly and to tell how far away a tripping hazard is.
- Muscle weakness – Losing muscle in the legs is particularly problematic. Exercise may help regain lost muscles.
- Glaucoma – This common eye problem may make it difficult to see properly.
- Previous falls – The best indicator that a senior will fall in the future is if they have fallen in the past. This may be a sign that more intensive care is required, or maybe a medical alarm will suite the seniors needs best.
If you think it is time for you or your loved one to get a medical alarm, call us today. We offer great service at an affordable monthly rate.
Leave a Reply